2. If you are under 16
If you are 16 or under then you must get your parent’s/guardian’s permission before you give us any personal information, including email address or telephone numbers via our website.
3. What information do we need and why?
The information we collect about you depends on the products and/or services we provide for you. The types of information we receive and collect may include:
- your name, address, email address, telephone number;
- details of your communications with us;
- billing information, bank account details, credit or debit card number, transaction and credit information employer name and/or job title;
- We need to know your personal information to be able to enable you to use our website, respond to queries through our website; and provide you with products and services.
4. How we collect and receive personal information
We may collect and receive personal information from you when you:
- use any of our services;
- use or access our website;
- subscribe to newsletters, alerts or other services from us; or
- communicate with us such as by email, telephone, in writing, in person or through our customer services pages.
5. What do we do with your personal information?
All the personal information we process is processed by our staff.
We use the personal information we collect and receive to help us understand your needs and to help us provide you with a better services. In particular, we collect, store and process your personal information for the following reasons:
- for providing our products and services to you, including verifying and authenticating your identity, processing your payments, and to complete transactions with us;
- to contact you;
- to maintain any registered accounts that you may hold with us and to provide you with updates or notifications of changes to your account and our policies and terms;
- for our internal record keeping requirements;
We will not use the information you give us to send to marketing material. We, also, do not pass your information on to third parties for their marketing material either.
7. How long will we keep it?
The periods for which we keep your information depend on the purpose for which your information was collected and the use to which it is put.
We will not keep your personal information for longer than necessary for our business purposes or for legal requirements.
We will also keep some personal information for a reasonable period after we have provided the required service/s
8. Your rights
You have the following rights regarding your information:
- The right to rectification - You are entitled to have your information corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure - This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your information where there’s no compelling reason for us to keep using it. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions.
- The right to restrict processing - You have rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your information. When processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their information to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in future.
- The right to data portability - You have rights to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services. E.g., if you decide to switch to a new provider, this enables you to move copy or transfer your information easily between our IT systems and theirs safely and securely, without affecting its usability.
- The right to object - You have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing (which we do only with your consent).
10. Changes to this Policy
11. Contacting us
To make a complaint about how we have handled your information, contact our Data Protection Officer:
Heeley City Farm
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint or believe our processing of your information does not comply with data protection law, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s
Policy updated:5th July 2018